As you plan your trip to the Mullins Center, please be aware of the security measures in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for everyone.
Guests may be required to walk through metal detectors when entering the venue. To expedite the process, we ask that guests remove cell phones and keys from their pockets and encourage patrons to avoid bringing bags to the facility. Purses, diaper bags, and other small personal bags are allowed but will be inspected at all entrances. No storage or check-in area will be provided for items not permitted inside the arena and items confiscated at the entrance will not be returned.
Code of Conduct
- Guests shall be respectful of others around them.
- Guests shall avoid blocking the view of other guests.
- During some concerts, the artists may request that guests be permitted to stand immediately in front of their seats during the entirety of the performance. On those occasions, standing guests shall continue to be respectful of others around them and avoid blocking the view of other guests.
- Guests shall not interfere with the event, the performers or the athletes in any way.
- Guests shall refrain from using foul/offensive language, fighting, obscene gestures, throwing objects and engaging in other behavior detrimental to the experience of other guests.
- During some sporting events, guests shall wait for a stoppage in play before moving about the arena. An arena usher will hold you behind an area to avoid blocking the view of seated guests. Guests shall adhere to the instructions and directions of arena staff.
- Guests shall not stand on seats or any other building structure.
- Guests shall not block the aisles.
- Guests shall not occupy a seat or remain in an area for which they do not possess a valid ticket and shall provide their ticket upon request.
- As required by the State of Massachusetts, guests shall not smoke anywhere in our facilities.
- Guests who consume alcoholic beverages shall do so in a responsible manner.
- Guests are encouraged to report inappropriate or offensive behavior to an Usher or Security Officer.
- Guests shall comply with requests from arena staff regarding arena operational and emergency procedures.
The arena staff has been trained to intervene when deemed necessary and to use their best discretion to help ensure that guests who ignore the Code of Conduct do not interfere with other guests' ability to enjoy an event. Guests who violate the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest. Season ticket holders may also be subject to having their season subscription revoked. We thank you for your cooperation.
The following items are prohibited for use, possession, display, or
distribution at, on, or within Mullins Center:
- Professional cameras or Audio/Video recording devices (Professional cameras are allowed only for UMass Ceremonies)
- Weapons including guns, firearms, knives of any size, stunguns/tasers, bats or poles
- Noisemaking devices of any kind including whistles, air horns, vuvuzelas, and cow bells
- Laptops and tablets
- Any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by The Mullins Center and its affiliates, in their sole discretion
- Backpacks, Over-sized purses, Large bags, duffle bags or boxes
- No bags over 14" x 14" x 6" will be allowed
Please Review a comprehensive list below
- Outside food or beverages
- Laser pens or laser products
- Projectiles (including beach balls and frisbees)
- Over-sized signs (larger than 2' x 3')
- Halloween masks
- Promotional items with intent to distribute (must be approved by General Manager)
- Spray paint
- Strollers that do not fold up
- Tobacco products, e-cigarettes, vapes, lighters, etc
- Heeleys, skateboards or roller skates
- Illegal substances, drug paraphernalia, or alcohol
- Animals except service animals
- Weapons of any kind or any kind of item that could be construed as a weapon
Food & Beverage
Outside food and beverages, including water, are not permitted in Mullins Center at any time.
Doors for Mullins Center events open one hour prior to event start time unless otherwise noted.
Pucks that go into the stands during hockey games may be kept by the patron who catches the puck. Please note that while protective netting is put in place at each end of the rink, pucks may still go into the stands. The hockey pucks are made out of 100% vulcanized rubber and are chilled. When these pucks go into the stands they can cause serious injuries, so please stay alert at all times.
Mullins Center does NOT allow re-entry once you leave the arena. If an emergency situation occurs, please notify an arena staff member before you exit.
Signs & Banners
Guests are welcome to bring signs into the building to show their support for their favorite team, player, or entertainer. Signs may not be derogatory in any manner and must not contain foul language. Signs must be handheld and cannot be mounted on a stick or pole and they cannot block the view of other guests. Any interference with the enjoyment of another guest's experience will result in the confiscation of the sign and/or possible ejection from the facility.
Smoking and vaping are prohibited at all Mullins Center events. Vapes and lighters will not be permitted to enter the venue, and there are no designated smoking areas at the facility. Guests leaving the facility will not be permitted to re-enter.