Come join us at the Mullins Center for weekly public skates!
Public Skating Times
All public skating times are subject to change and/or cancellation! Please check the public skate schedule often and before arriving.
Public Skate Rentals
Skate rentals are available in the following sizes: US Child 9 through US Adult 13 (Men's)
*Public skate times and prices are subject to change. Please check the web schedule often.
Adult Admission: $7
Children 12 and under: $5
Skate Rentals: $5
UMass Undergrad (Valid ID Required!): Free
5 College students (with valid ID from: Hampshire College, Mt. Holyoke College, Smith College, or Amherst College): $5
Rink Rules and Guidelines
Skaters and spectators assume all risks and danger of personal injury arising from or related to admission to Mullins Center Community Ice Rink, including - but not limited to - being injured by ice skates, ice skaters, spectators or objects in and around the rink and in the building.
- Mullins Center Community Ice Rink is not responsible for accidents. Skaters skate at their own risk.
- Management is not responsible for items stolen or left within or near rink or building.
- Management reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the ice or the building at any time for any reason.
- Skaters keep their receipts from admission and provide them if asked
- Skaters must always obey the skate guards and all rink staff instructions
- All skaters of age 6 and under must be supervised at all times by their parents or guardian.
- While on ice, skaters are not allowed to carry children.
- No one is permitted on ice without skates.
- No stick or puck play allowed on ice.
- No running, horseplay, or unruly behavior.
- No jumps above axel, no double jumps, basic spins only. No camel spins. Figure skating maneuvers must be practiced in the inner circle.
- No food or beverages allowed on the ice or player benches.
- No more than two people may skate together.
- While on ice, no talking on cell phones or wearing headphones.
- Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skaters’ safety or pleasure is prohibited.
- Pass or overtake carefully. Roughness, excessive speeding or weaving through other skaters is prohibited.
- No tag or games of any kind are permitted on or off ice.
- Throwing snowballs or objects of any kind is prohibited.
- While on ice, skaters must move in directions indicated by rink guards.
- No one allowed on ice during resurfacing.
- Malicious incidents or destruction must be reported to the management or guards immediately.
- When not on ice, walking while skate wearing is permitted only on rubber surfaces.
- Socks must be worn at all times when using rental skates.
- Speed skates are prohibited on public session.
- Skaters and spectators must not sit on, lean over, or leave articles on the dasher boards.
- No dogs or pets of any kind permitted on ice.
- No smoking or vaping on ice or in the building.
- Exit must be kept clear at all times.
- Please use caution entering and exiting the ice.