JOB TITLE: Rink Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Ice Rink Director
Part-Time – Starting Rate: $16-17hr
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports directly to the Ice Rink Director
- Schedules all other part-time staff according to event needs and availability. Tracks staff hours and individual staff time in order to comply with State and Federal labor laws
- In charge of all Non-Supervisory rink staff. Check to make sure other part-timers are performing their duties as expected. Supervises all subordinate staff for infractions of rules pertaining to shift schedules, tardiness, procedures, cash handling, etc. under the direction of the Rink Director.
- Oversees all activity inside of the rink receptionist’s office
- Provides daily up-to-date reports of staff scheduling to Director
- Provides training of Rink receptionists, skate guards, scorekeepers, and rental room attendants in all aspects of their job descriptions.
- Assists with daily ice maintenance. Will be trained on ice resurfacer. Will take lead responsibility for daily ice maintenance once trained.
- All other duties as assigned by Rink Director or Mullins Center management.
- Minimum Requirements: 2 years experience as an Administrative Assistant or other clerical position with financial responsibilities; Human relations, scheduling, supervisory, and cash handling experience a plus
- Experience as a rink operator or ice technician strongly preferred, but will train the right candidate on ice resurfacer operation and ice maintenance.
- Must have cash register and cash handling experience and be able to pass a thorough background check including drug testing. Previous event cash register experience and ice rink employment experience a plus.
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Ice Rink including ice schedule, prices, procedures, rules, and programs offered.
- Possess passionate and proactive attitude towards the success of the business operation. Must be observant, have a flexible schedule, and show a willingness to take on new challenges and go above and beyond.
- Deal knowledgably, pleasantly and professionally with the general public on the telephone and in person. Perform duties of cashier during public events, must be able to maintain composure and cash register accuracy during busy events. Keep an accurate cash tally and perform shift-end deposits accurately.
- Perform housekeeping and light janitorial duties, responsibilities include keeping reception area clean and orderly.
- Must be punctual and organized. Must be able to follow procedures.
- Ability to work without supervision