Summary: Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all areas inside the community ice rink. Performs cleaning of equipment as needed.
- Operate buffer, ride on sweepers / scrubbers, walk behind scrubbers, blowers, vacuums, mops and other various equipment
- Climb up and down stairs and lift 40 lbs. unaided
- Maintains, cleans and stocks restrooms and locker rooms
- Cleans lobby areas, locker rooms, restrooms, shower areas, bleachers, entryways, stairwells, and hallways as well as walls and floors within facility
- Safely use cleaning chemicals, perform and communicate proper cleaning procedures
- Responsible for upkeep of cleaning equipment that is used
- Maintain and empty trash throughout the facility
- Responsible for keeping all areas in a safe and clean condition.
- During events, constantly walks the facility with broom and dustpan looking for trash and or spills.
- Performs custodial duties after events.
- Keeps outside areas and front entrance clean and trash picked up.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform general labor as assigned
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or related trade school training; valid driver’s license; and interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with other staff
- Ability to work days, overnights, weekends and holidays as needed
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment; Be reliable, honest, dependable, and punctual
- General housekeeping knowledge and experience of using cleaning products and equipment
- Previous building janitorial experience preferred
- Ability to read, speaks, and understands English.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines; ability to take directions;
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 40 lbs unaided
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi- task with deadlines. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will be asked to complete tasks; this requires verbal, written and physical communication to complete tasks in prescribed time frame.
IF INTERESTED IN APPLYING, Please fill out this application: 2021 Spectra Employment Application.pdf and email it to Jeffrey.Morkeski@oakviewgroup.com