Helpful answers to frequently asked questions.
Are children required to have a valid ticket?
For most events, including UMass Athletic events, children under two years of age may enter the Arena free of charge, providing that he/she sits on the lap of a parent or guardian. Guests two and older must have a ticket to enter the Arena.
Are tickets purchased through third party websites valid?
Paciolan Ticketing is the only authorized ticket-selling agent of the Mullins Center. Mullins Center cannot be responsible for the authenticity of tickets obtained through any other source and will not honor counterfeit and other invalid tickets.
At what time will the general public be allowed to enter the Arena on event day?
In general, doors open to the public one (1) hour prior to the advertised event time.
Does the Mullins Center prohibit guests from entering the Arena with certain items?
As you plan your trip to the Mullins Center, please be aware of the security measures in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. Guests may be required to walk through metal detectors when entering the venue. To expedite the process, we ask that guests remove cell phones from their pockets and encourage patrons to avoid bringing bags to the facility. Purses, diaper bags, and other small personal bags are allowed but will be inspected at all entrances. No storage or check-in area will be provided for items not permitted inside the arena and items confiscated at the entrance will not be returned. For a full list of prohibited items please see below:
**COMMENCEMENT CEREMONIES HAVE DIFFERENT LIST, PLEASE SEE EVENT SPECIFIC PAGE FOR LIST**
The following items are not permitted inside the Mullins Center (subject to change per event):
- Professional cameras or Audio/Video recording devices
- Any gifts or packages should be returned to the sender/patron
- Backpacks, Over-sized purses, Large bags, duffle bags or boxes
- No bags over 14" x 14" x 6" will be allowed
- Outside food or beverages
- Cans, bottles, coolers or other similar containers
- Laser pens or laser products
- Noise making devices (horns, whistles, etc.)
- Projectiles (including beach balls and frisbees)
- Over-sized signs (larger than 2' x 3')
- Promotional items with intent to distribute (must be approved by General Manager)
- Spray paint
- Strollers that do not fold up
- Tobacco products, e-cigarettes, vapes, lighters, etc
- Heeleys, skateboards or roller skates
- Sticks or poles
- Spiked necklaces and pins of any kind
- Illegal substances, drug paraphernalia, or alcohol
- Animals except service animals
- Knives, guns, chains or clubs
- Weapons of any kind or any kind of item that could be construed as a weapon
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by Management
DISCLAIMER: Each event has certain standards and requirements that need to be met in order for the event to take place, therefore policies and requirements are subject to change based on the specific details of each event. These changes can take place at anytime leading up to an event and are subject to change without notice.
Are wheelchairs or wheelchair escorts available to guests attending an event?
Wheelchairs and wheelchair escorts are not available to guests, unless a guest is involved in an incident and is being transported/seen by medical staff on-site.
The Mullins Center encourages guests who require the use of a wheelchair to arrive with their wheelchair. The primary ADA accessible entrance is at the North/Main Entrance of the facility.
Once I enter the Mullins Center, am I allowed to exit and re-enter using the same ticket?
The Mullins Center enforces a “No Re-Entry Policy”. Guests may not exit the building and return without presenting the Ticket Taker with a valid, unused ticket.
How can I arrange a “Happy Birthday” message?
Birthday messages for UMass Athletic home games are coordinated through UMass Athletic Marketing Office. Please email Alyssa Leonard at [email protected]
Non-UMass Athletic events: Regrettably, we are unable to display or announce birthday greetings during Non-Minutemen events.