Job Title: Event Staff
Part-Time – Starting Rate: $13.50 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must possess a customer service focused, proactive and positive attitude at all times with patrons, staff and co-workers.
- Welcome guests, address questions and concerns specific to the event and/or venue, direct guests in the general area of their seat and/or re-seat patrons if there are concerns and ensure aisles remain clear.
- Accept admission tickets, pass or acknowledge the appropriate admission badge or credential and allow only authorized guests entry to the venue.
- Assists the operations team in set up and breakdown of the equipment throughout the venue.
- Responsible for surveying immediate work area prior to guests’ entry for any hazards that may exist.
- Assist disabled guest to their seats and address questions or concerns involving accessibility.
- At the conclusion of an event, sweep assigned section and the facility of guests, ensuring that the facility is cleared of general public.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the policies and regulations of the facilities. As such, help enforce policies and procedures of Comcast Spectacor, Mullins Center and the University of Massachusetts.
- Become knowledgeable on emergency procedures if an incident were to occur by knowing and understanding evacuation routes and procedures.
- Possess the ability to work independently and as a team member, as well as, the willingness and flexibility to work with a diverse population of guests, vendors, clients and fellow arena staff.
- Holiday, weekend and night availability
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a minimum of 1-2 years in customer service
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position and hours varies based on event schedule. Flexibility and willingness to work long and irregular hours and days, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. This position may also work during Spring, Summer and Winter breaks. Work is indoor and outdoor for events at the Mullins Center Arena and McGurik Stadium, with events operating rain or shine. There is possible exposure to loud noise levels and strobe lighting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Depending on job tasks, physical demands may require standing and walking for extended lengths of time and may require lifting, pushing, pulling, moving and carrying items up to 30lbs.